Pursuing Bliss in a Random Life is about finding the humor in everyday situations. It's the random moments of clarity in the middle of chaos. It's the reminders of what is truly important, of the things that make this life not just livable, but memorable. This is my search: not just to achieve, but to maintain happiness. Family, friends, faith, food, fun: Bliss.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

OK, so I'm an addict

I was clearing out one of my kitchen drawers today, searching for all of the BoxTops I've cut out for Ian's class, and it hit me - I'm an addict. Yes, I am ashamed to admit it, but it's my dirty little secret. I am totally addicted to cute stationary. The dollar spot at Target is my worst enemy. Oh, and my best friend. I pulled this out of my kitchen drawer:


And that's not the half of it. I know, somewhere, I have a box full of little notebooks and knock off post-its. I have a compulsive habit of picking up cute little spiral bound mini notebooks to keep in my purse - you know, just in case inspiration hits, or I have the all-too-familiar urge to make a list of something. I have an almost endless supply of post it notes, most from the dollar spot, with every theme imaginable. I even have my initial.


I'm also a sucker for magnets. I visited a friend in NYC a couple of years ago and her refrigerator had a ton of cute magnets covering every exposed surface. Since then, I can't pass up the magnet sets I run across - especially those involving super heroes. Or puppies. Deborah, I blame you. =)


Of course, as I walked around thinking about this, I realized it's not just the stationary. And magnets. And stickers (I have a collection I started when I was in high school and it's still growing!) I tend to collect those things that interest me. For example - I have enough makeup to keep a couple of movie sets going. I have 4 shelves of cookbooks. I have a curio cabinet full of Precious Moments figurines. My husband would tell you I have a compulsive need to put holes in the wall hanging pictures....




I can't help it, I love to decorate =)




I know the trend is simplify, simplify, simplify... and believe me, this is better than ever before. Still, I like lots of pictures on the walls - everywhere I look, I see my loved ones. Candles and happy sayings make it feel like home.

Besides, you never know when you might need to write something down....




So now you know. My dirty secret. Not so dirty after all, is it? =) Now it's time to indulge my other addictions.



1 comment: